Yes...Jensen is our first baby, and you can tell by the amount of time I put into his birthday party! I hope any future kids will get this kind of party at least once, but I'm not promising anything! :)
The invites...I stapled these two sheets together and used a perforation blade to score the "tear off stub" so they actually would tear off. Yes, I personalized each invite with the person's name and unique seat number! I put them in a blue ticket sleeve that had a map to "Shafer Terminal" along with some info and then into a bright green envelope with a cute wraparound address label. I'll update this if I get around to taking a picture of that! So..welcome to Jensen Air...the official birthday airline!!
Stop on by for some birthday fun, because time has FLOWN and Jensen's ONE!
Some of the signage I had mounted on foam board and placed around the "terminal"

I had taken everyone's lunch order when they RSVP'd, so I had a box for each of them with their name and sandwich choice marked on the box. They were called by row so it didn't get too crowded all at once. They could add their condiments as they liked. Lunch was served with a fruit cup and veggie cup, chips and a beverage. (You can see the drinks on the floor in the plastic bins. The chip display is down a few pictures!)
I wrapped up the utensils in a napkin and secured them with a "JensenAir" logo strip.
The fruit cups had the JensenAir logo sticker. I tried to figure out a good way to display the chips, and this is what I came up with...I mod-podged the blue paper on the clothes pins and then clipped them and the chips to a green ribbon hung over the pantry door.
I didn't want to be stuck with a bunch of extra birthday cake, so I made cake pops...this was my first time, so they weren't exactly what I had in mind, but they passed! I also bought the individual ice cream cups and put a JensenAir logo sticker over the top! Perfect amounts and WAAAAY less crumbs to deal with!
Of course we can't forget the party favors. I searched the internet high and low for suitcase favor boxes and came up with nothing! They do have a few things, but either too small, too ugly, or too expensive for what I was looking for. I bought these boxes at XPedX in Salt Lake and just cut the lid off and added the stripes, handles and luggage tag. (Thanks to my sister-in-law, Kim, for letting me borrow her Cricut machine...saved me HOURS of cutting!!!)
The adults had to share a bag, and it had travel-size stuff in it, like lotion, shampoo, hand sanitizer, kleenex, gum, a sleep mask and I made custom CD's for them with either Travel related music or music related to Celebrating and Growing Up. (CD's are shown in the middle of the bags, top right hand corner picture) The kids had bubbles, airheads candy, travel games, a pencil, a plastic airplane and crayons among a few other little favors. I had also searched online and found free coloring pages to make a little activity booklet...mostly in case of rain, but just for them to have something to do!
Just some of the details...clockwise starting top left: the birthday banner letters were mounted on "luggage tag" shapes. I also had tried my hand at making those Tissue Paper Poms and hung a few around to look like clouds. Curt had the idea to hang some of the Smarties planes from the ceiling as well...it looked really cute!! I found the cutest airplane paper clips on amazon.com (sold by the Boeing store) You couldn't choose your colors, but I was lucky enough to have my colors match theirs! Yay! Smarties Airplanes...I put a wrap around the gum with JensenAir logos on top and wrapped the smarties with plain green paper (I was going to put something on the side and then decided I had too much to do still!) And yes...it is all about the details...some people got a laugh when they used the restrooms...I wrapped a couple rolls of toilet paper with the JensenAir logo!
I had a few things outside for the kids to play with...bubbles, sidewalk chalk, etc.
I found a site online that let you create your own Crosswords and Word Finds with your own clues and words, so I created those with things about Jensen and party words. Both adults and kids had fun with that one!
I think the party was a success and everyone had fun.
I was worried all week about the weather. Our house is just not that big to have everyone cooped up inside. Rain was forecast for Saturday, but the rain held off for the party...at least at our house. I went outside once and there was a blue circle of sky right overhead...all around were dark clouds! I swear, not 10 minutes after the last guest left, the rain started!! (sprinkles at first, but ended pouring all the rest of the night!!) How lucky was that?!
Thank you to my Mom and Dad and Curt who helped set things up, put stickers on things, cut up fruit, help with cake pops, took pictures (because I was running around like a chicken without it's head!) and entertained Jensen. I wouldn't have been able to pull it off without your help!
Thanks to all our family that came and helped make Jensen's party special!
We sure missed those family members that weren't able to come because of distance.
Stop on by for some birthday fun, because time has FLOWN and Jensen's ONE!
Some of the signage I had mounted on foam board and placed around the "terminal"
I had taken everyone's lunch order when they RSVP'd, so I had a box for each of them with their name and sandwich choice marked on the box. They were called by row so it didn't get too crowded all at once. They could add their condiments as they liked. Lunch was served with a fruit cup and veggie cup, chips and a beverage. (You can see the drinks on the floor in the plastic bins. The chip display is down a few pictures!)
I wrapped up the utensils in a napkin and secured them with a "JensenAir" logo strip.The fruit cups had the JensenAir logo sticker. I tried to figure out a good way to display the chips, and this is what I came up with...I mod-podged the blue paper on the clothes pins and then clipped them and the chips to a green ribbon hung over the pantry door.
I didn't want to be stuck with a bunch of extra birthday cake, so I made cake pops...this was my first time, so they weren't exactly what I had in mind, but they passed! I also bought the individual ice cream cups and put a JensenAir logo sticker over the top! Perfect amounts and WAAAAY less crumbs to deal with!
Of course we can't forget the party favors. I searched the internet high and low for suitcase favor boxes and came up with nothing! They do have a few things, but either too small, too ugly, or too expensive for what I was looking for. I bought these boxes at XPedX in Salt Lake and just cut the lid off and added the stripes, handles and luggage tag. (Thanks to my sister-in-law, Kim, for letting me borrow her Cricut machine...saved me HOURS of cutting!!!)The adults had to share a bag, and it had travel-size stuff in it, like lotion, shampoo, hand sanitizer, kleenex, gum, a sleep mask and I made custom CD's for them with either Travel related music or music related to Celebrating and Growing Up. (CD's are shown in the middle of the bags, top right hand corner picture) The kids had bubbles, airheads candy, travel games, a pencil, a plastic airplane and crayons among a few other little favors. I had also searched online and found free coloring pages to make a little activity booklet...mostly in case of rain, but just for them to have something to do!
Just some of the details...clockwise starting top left: the birthday banner letters were mounted on "luggage tag" shapes. I also had tried my hand at making those Tissue Paper Poms and hung a few around to look like clouds. Curt had the idea to hang some of the Smarties planes from the ceiling as well...it looked really cute!! I found the cutest airplane paper clips on amazon.com (sold by the Boeing store) You couldn't choose your colors, but I was lucky enough to have my colors match theirs! Yay! Smarties Airplanes...I put a wrap around the gum with JensenAir logos on top and wrapped the smarties with plain green paper (I was going to put something on the side and then decided I had too much to do still!) And yes...it is all about the details...some people got a laugh when they used the restrooms...I wrapped a couple rolls of toilet paper with the JensenAir logo!
I had a few things outside for the kids to play with...bubbles, sidewalk chalk, etc.I found a site online that let you create your own Crosswords and Word Finds with your own clues and words, so I created those with things about Jensen and party words. Both adults and kids had fun with that one!
I think the party was a success and everyone had fun.
I was worried all week about the weather. Our house is just not that big to have everyone cooped up inside. Rain was forecast for Saturday, but the rain held off for the party...at least at our house. I went outside once and there was a blue circle of sky right overhead...all around were dark clouds! I swear, not 10 minutes after the last guest left, the rain started!! (sprinkles at first, but ended pouring all the rest of the night!!) How lucky was that?!
Thank you to my Mom and Dad and Curt who helped set things up, put stickers on things, cut up fruit, help with cake pops, took pictures (because I was running around like a chicken without it's head!) and entertained Jensen. I wouldn't have been able to pull it off without your help!
Thanks to all our family that came and helped make Jensen's party special!
We sure missed those family members that weren't able to come because of distance.




I love all of it!! You're so good at this and thinking of fun details. :-) You have a lucky little boy.
ReplyDeleteHeather that looks like an amazing party! I am so impressed. I love all the details..holy cow, what a fabulous idea. I bet he had a great time along with everyone else. He is such a cutie. I really need to meet him. Let's do lunch soon. Love ya!
ReplyDelete