We had a great day yesterday on our 1st Anniversary! Curt came home that morning with a dozen beautiful red roses for me!! I still need to get a picture of them. He took me to breakfast and then we headed up to Park City. It looked pretty stormy, but we decided to check it out anyway.(We took this picture up at the top of the lift before we headed down the Alpine Slide!)
We got up to Park City and had just barely parked the car when the first raindrops started falling. Luckily for us, it really didn't rain all that hard. They had the Alpine Slide closed because of the rain when we first got there, and the zip line, roller coaster, etc. were all closed too. So we had our caricatures drawn, one of those 5-10 minute things. It was kind of a fun thing to do while waiting out the rain. We timed it just right because they opened the slide back up right as we were finishing, so we were first in line to go up the lift. While we were going up, the sun even peaked through the clouds and it warmed up for a few minutes! It was definitely a relaxing time! We wandered around the shops there for a little bit, and then decided to go check out Main Street. We had fun looking in the galleries and wondering who in the world has that kind of money to buy anything from any of those shops on Main Street! Oh well.
We headed to the outlet mall to kill time before our dinner reservation. We didn't really find a whole lot, but there were a ton of people there. I think my favorite store there is the Crocs store! I loved it and Curt bought me a new pair of "dressy" Crocs!
For dinner Curt found a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse!! We went to one on our honeymoon and we both LOVED the food. It is a little on the $$$ side, but wow, it is worth every penny! It is seriously some of the best food I've ever eaten!
We started out with bread and a spinach and asparagus salad with cajun toasted pecans and a tomato vinaigrette dressing. They have wonderful lemonades too, I had a pomegranate lemonade and Curt got a raspberry one. I had the stuffed chicken for my main course and Curt had a steak (fillet Oscar style) I had a bite and it is probably the best steak I've ever had! We had sides of mashed potatoes and steamed green beans with garlic. I got berries and cream with sherbet in a chocolate cup for dessert and Curt got cheesecake with berries...to go of course, 'cause we were both stuffed by then!!
We headed home after that, and we went to go get a movie, but nothing looked particularly good at the RedBox, so we just came home and ended up watching the end of Finding Nemo on tv. (Pretty romantic, eh?)
It was just a really relaxing day! It was kind of nice we were able to just relax and go where we wanted to with no particular agenda!! I'm so grateful for our first year of marriage and that I got to spend so much time with just Curt yesterday!




That sounds like so much fun! I can't believe it has been 1 year already. That is crazy. We really need to get together sometime soon. It has been way too long.
ReplyDeleteTake care!