These past two weekends have been unseasonably cool. Last Sunday as I was sitting out on my swing, I felt that crispness that I usually associate with the beginning of fall, not the middle of August. As I've gone shopping and watched a bit of tv, I've seen the "Back to School" sales everywhere. I realized that for the first time in 7 years, I didn't need to be getting any school supplies, and thank goodness no more hundred dollar textbooks! This will only be my third fall since I entered kindergarten (a looong time ago!!) that I won't be back in school! I have graduated recently enough that I'm still relieved at that thought, especially the no more homework part, but it is definitely a strange feeling! Having spent the first part of last week out at high school registration shoots, I'm doubly glad I'm not going back to high school!!
I still have a lot of work at my home though!! My painting projects are definitely going to teach me a lot in learning to spackle, sand, remove old wallpaper and paint (hopefully better than the previous owners!!) After spending the weekend cleaning and prepping some walls for paint, I can't wait to get started. I'll be taking before and after pictures, hopefully the first of which will be coming sometime this week!
1 day ago




No comments:
Post a Comment