Just a quick catch up blog...I feel like I have so much to do I hardly know what to do next! The last few weeks have been pretty busy, and the end of pregnancy fatigue has hit me pretty good, so it is hard to do everything that I want to!
I will be posting pictures soon of my baby shower that my work had for me. It was fun and we got lots more fun stuff to spoil our little guy with!
We also just got the carpet laid in the baby's room Saturday. It looks so much better than the "cookie monster" blue carpet that used to be in there. I'll post the before and after pictures soon!
Curt and I went yesterday and got a new glider/rocker chair for me...I love it! We could have picked it up on Saturday, but the salesman told us the warehouse was really busy on Saturdays and we'd have to wait a minimum of 45 minutes (probably longer) to get it, so we are having it brought to the store and Curt is going to go pick it up from there tomorrow or Tuesday. I'm very excited! It is a comfy chair!
We also had quite the adventure of going and getting the crib and mattress. We ended up getting it at Burlington Coat Factory in their Baby Depot section. I must say I will NEVER shop there again. I've been there 2 times, and that has been twice too many! They have a million people there and not enough employees. We had a lady helping us, and she went to check if the crib was in stock and we waited for a few minutes and then were going to go check out the mattresses again while she was doing that...we came around the corner to find her helping someone else. She had sent some guy to the back to check on the crib...after about 15 minutes, he came out with a box that was punctured and I could see the crib had been damaged because of it. So we asked for another one. The guy brought out another one, and lucky for me Curt was paying attention and saw it wasn't the same one. After about 10 minutes of trying to figure things out, the guy went back and brought out another one. Luckily it was the correct one and the box was intact.
We had 15% off coupons for the items, and we had to pay separately to get 15% off each. So we waited in line...waited...waited...finally Curt got his purchase made...I had the crib, and we were supposed to be getting about $45 off the price, and instead of 15% off, the lady gave $15.00 off. I tried to tell her it was supposed to be 15%, and she insisted it was. So we ended up having to wait in yet another line to have the issue resolved. Turns out she gave Curt 18% off the mattress and me 5% off the crib. *sigh* So we ended up with a few more bucks off the mattress, and they adjusted the price of the crib! Yeah...the last trip was just as ridiculous, but I'll spare everyone the details!
Curt and I were both tired after running around all day, so we didn't get anything set up or moved, and then last night Curt started running a fever and was all congested, so he didn't sleep much. Since all our furniture was crammed into two rooms for the carpet guy to work, there was no other option to sleep on...so neither of us got much rest!
On a brighter note, I had my 36 week doctor appointment last Monday and everything continues to look good. He checked me and the baby is in a head down position and I'm already dilated to a 1! I know that doesn't always mean anything, but hopefully it means he won't be late! Not too much longer before we will be a family of three!
1 day ago




Sounds like an adventure...ugh. Sometimes shopping is a pain.
ReplyDeleteWe're so excited for the arrival of baby Shafer! Tell him that aunt Jenika and uncle Danny love him already.
just be glad you will have him soon and can 'nest' in your house a while without having to deal with stores/annoying people :) excited to see pics of everything nursery/baby related!
ReplyDelete