06 September 2011

Reading Time

One thing that I have tried to make a priority in Jensen's life is books! Instead of toys for Christmas, I asked people to get him books, and he got a TON!! Yes, he has his other toys, and he loves playing with them, but he loves his books, too! I love how he will, on his own, go over and sit and look through his books. I mean, he will sit and turn each page! What 15 month old boy does that? Apparently mine! (Yay!) Curt often says that Jensen has probably already read more books in his life than he has!

I love that he is learning from them too. He loves his animal books. He makes the animal noises from several animals, even though some are cartoonish and some are real pictures, it is amazing that he can still recognize them! The other night he brought a book over to me saying "Nana, nana, nana!" I looked at the page he had it open to, and sure enough, there were "nanas" (bananas) on the page!

Just recently he has started climbing in this chair his Great-Grandma gave him for his birthday. He will climb in and out, in and out, and sometimes he will drag a book or two with him and sit and read for a few minutes before climbing down. It make me laugh because he looks so proud of himself! Here is a short little clip!

1 comment:

  1. That is good he likes books- im trying to make it a priority with my kids too- especially the boys- its hard to get them to like reading!

    ReplyDelete