




Yeah, I know I haven't been very good at all with keeping up my blog! Oh well, a time and a place for everything, and now hasn't been the time for keeping up with the blog!
Curt and I are keeping busy with jobs, callings and committees, and of course, Jensen! Curt serves on two committees at work and is starting the major undertaking of studying for the Captain's process next year. With very few Captains at retirement age in the next several years, he will have to place in the top 5 or so to really have a chance at promotion. I think he will do very well, but he is a little overwhelmed! (I don't blame him there, there is a TON of study material!!) He is also on the Wildlife Board up at East Canyon resort. Needless to say, he is a busy man!
I was recently released from the Relief Society Presidency, only to be called right back into the new Relief Society Presidency!! I'm the 1st Counselor and I'm currently over the activities. It is a lot of work, but I really do enjoy it. I'm still working 20 hours a week for Bell and full time (overtime!) chasing Jensen around!
Jensen is growing like a weed! I can't believe how big he is getting! His last doctor's appointment he was at 28 lbs and 34" tall. I'm betting he's tipping the scales at 30 lbs and is probably close to 3 feet tall. Yes, that isn't a typo! He is one tall, skinny kid! He is in the 97th percentile for his height! This gives him the great "advantage" of being able to reach almost everything on the table (except for the very middle) and he can even reach onto the counter. The other day he realized he could no longer walk under the counter overhang as he walked smack into it! (Like I said...tall kid!)
Among his other achievements, he is able to count to 10 in English, Spanish & German. He recognizes all 26 uppercase letters and will point them out on packages, shirts, books, etc. He recognizes almost all of his numbers, too! He also recognizes circles, triangles, squares and sometimes flowers. I'm one proud Mama! The doctor said he should know about 50 words by the time he turns 2 (which is the end of May). He knows over 130 words, about 30 names (of people and TV characters) and about 18 phrases! (That I can think of right now!) He is also starting to repeat what you say...Curt said "Oh my lands!" the other day, which Jensen promptly picked up, and likes to say now. Plus a bunch of animal sounds! My favorite is the tiger...he really gets into the growl, it is pretty funny hearing that come from a little guy!
I sing to him when I put him to bed and he always asks for a "Sawn" (Song) One day I was putting him down for a nap and I was singing "I Am a Child of God" and I got to the chorus, and he said "Side!" Which usually means he wants to go outside, and he kept saying words until I realized he knew the words of the song and was "singing" with me! "Lead me, guide me walk beSIDE me" He will sing/say/yell/whisper the last word or two of each line. I guess repetition works! That is one of his favorite songs!
He runs everywhere he goes, he likes to help mama put things into the dryer from the washer, and hand me "hayners" (hangers) when I am hanging up the clothes, and is generally content to play by himself and do his own thing!
He is starting to get into his Terrible Two's tantrums, which drive me a little nuts, but all in all he is a pretty good kid!




Heather--I can't believe how tall Jensen is! We need to get together again, I still have your airplane :)
ReplyDeleteI know! Every time I think I need to give you a call either I'm sick or Jensen is sick! Right now we are both doing well, but I'm headed to Boise for a week, so we will definitely have to get together after that! I can't believe I still haven't met Winston! He is so darn cute!
Deleteyou guys are busy! Good luck with the Captain stuff and church stuff! And keeping up with that tall, smart, cute boy of yours:)
ReplyDelete