It seems like I never get the chance to update this anymore! Jensen turned 2 at the end of May, and I'm amazed at how much he is learning and growing! He is always jabbering, and I'm amazed at how much he picks up on, he's quite the parrot these days. We had his 2 year check-up today and he is doing well. The doctor was pleasantly surprised that he knows his numbers, letters and most of his shapes. He has started to put words together in sentences, and the doctor said for a lot of his development, he's operating closer to a 3 year old level! There are still things he needs to learn, certainly, but for now he's a little ahead of the curve!
He's now 31 lbs and in the 80th percentile and 37.1" tall and in the 96th percentile! The doctor said we could take him off of whole milk and give him 1% or 2%. I'm so grateful he has been a relatively healthy little kid so far!
He got a haircut awhile back that makes him really look like a little boy and not a baby anymore!
Curt is knee (or maybe even waist) deep already in studying for the Captain's process coming in the Spring. He is determined to do well, and I know he will. He's already way farther ahead than a lot of the other guys, and I think he really knows more than he thinks he does. I'm grateful for his hard work and always wanting to do better!
I've been busy with Relief Society activities and such, working, chasing Jensen around and growing my first "real" garden here since we've been married. Curt built me some garden boxes and they have been wonderful! We have such hard, rocky soil I don't think we'd have much luck growing anything for YEARS if we didn't go the garden box/container route! It's been so fun watching things grow in there. I planted a bunch of herbs in containers, and so far I've harvested a small crop of radishes, 2 small cherry tomatoes, cilantro, basil and some green onions. I've only killed off the watermelon plants and the peas aren't looking so hot either, but for as much as I planted, I think I'm doing ok!






Just saw this, love the update! Jensen is a little cutie and I miss him. I think of you and Curt often, and I will start praying for him as he prepares for the captain's exam!!
ReplyDelete