29 December 2009

Temple Square Lights

The last time I went to see the lights was 2 years ago in a major snowstorm on Curt's birthday. That day took on another special meaning because Curt asked me to marry him that night. It was truly a magical night! The snow kept almost everyone away, so we only had to share the lights with a dozen or so other people crazy enough to be out in the weather!

This year we were able to return to see the lights on Curt's birthday. What a difference 2 years makes! We've been married a year and almo
st 5 months, and are expecting our first baby! We are just as happy though, if not more!

We were able to take Erika and Giulio to see the lights, which was fun because neither of them had ever been before. The only drawbacks were it was FREEZING out!! We were bundled pretty well, and I about died when I saw a guy wandering around in a t-shirt and shorts! Maybe he was from the North Pole or something and it felt warm to him?!

There were also about 1000 other people trying to look at the lights. After dodging cameras and a million crazy mothers using their strollers to clear their way (one almost running over my foot!) I decided the next time we go see the lights, it will be in a crazy snowstorm so we can enjoy it!

1 comment:

  1. I've never seen the lights either. Looks cool.

    What in the world, people pushing their way through Christmas crowds using strollers? I can think of at least five things wrong with that....glad you're OK.

    ReplyDelete