I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Valentine's Day!
This year, Curt actually HAD Valentine's Day off. (One of the few holidays he has off this year.) A couple weeks ago, a guy at his station asked if he'd be willing to work either the 13th or 14th. I knew since Valentine's Day was on a Sunday, we couldn't very well go out to dinner or anything then, so he decided to work Valentine's Day, in exchange, he will get another day off later in the year, perhaps when our little guy is finally here or something.
We celebrated yesterday instead. We went out crib & glider/rocking chair shopping. (So romantic, I know!) To me, that shows that Curt loves me, because he HATES shopping! We think we found a crib we like, and possibly a glider, too. I found a crib set that I really like, so Curt humored me and bought it for me, "instead of flowers" he said. Although I love flowers, I think this crib set will last a whole lot longer!
I had made dinner reservations at Tucano's for dinner, so we slowly made our way downtown. There was a Hunting & Outdoor Expo at the Salt Palace that Curt wanted to see some of the taxidermy, so we stopped by that for a few minutes, and then headed over to the Gateway. We were an hour and a half early for our reservation, so we did a little shopping. I found some cute maternity capris on sale at Old Navy. I just hope the weather will get warm enough for me to actually wear them!
We headed over to Tucano's about 20 minutes early. Oh my! I am glad we had a reservation. That place did some business last night. Not a free table and 1-2 hour wait if you didn't have a reservation! They had a special going on. They decorated the table with a red linen tablecloth, candle and flower, they added 3 extra meats to the meat rotation, they gave the women a rose, and brought out a huge chocolate dipped strawberry for each of us at the end of the meal. It was a lot of food! I wish I had had more room, but unfortunately my stomach room has been taken over by baby! I think I looked a few more weeks along by the time we left the restaurant!
I had had enough walking by that point and opted out of grocery shopping. We stopped by Smith's on our way home and grabbed a gallon of milk and a movie. It was a great way to celebrate. I'm glad I was able to spend the day with Curt. It is strange to think that was our last Valentine's Day with just the 2 of us! Next year it will be a party of 3!
Curt got up this morning to go to work, and I was still half asleep when I said goodbye. I heard him out in the kitchen, and then heard the garage door. So I was surprised to hear him walking back down the hall a few minutes later! He came in and told me he needed my help really fast. I stumbled out of bed and followed him. He told me that his car wouldn't start and he needed me to help him jump his car. Poor guy! Luckily it started and he headed to work. I just have to say I am thankful for a husband that puts up with a dying car so I can drive my new one! (He does have his truck still, but the gas mileage is better on the car). I'm glad he is resourceful and knows how to fix things. I am always amazed by him, and I am so grateful I am lucky enough to have him forever!
I talked to Curt awhile ago, and they aren't doing the supper club at the station tonight, so I am taking stuff to make dinner up to the station. If I had known about that, I would have planned a lot better meal, but I managed to come up with spaghetti with a meat sauce and I am trying a new recipe for french bread rolls. They smell yummy, hopefully they will taste as good! Then I made brownies from scratch...(only because I didn't have a brownie mix on hand!) They weren't too hard, and they taste yummy! I found a recipe for a raspberry sauce for brownies that I thought I would try for dessert. Not too bad for a meal on the fly! I am excited I get to see him again today, because he works his regular shift Monday and Tuesday, so otherwise I probably wouldn't see him until Wednesday after work!
Again, Happy Valentine's Day everyone! And a special Happy Birthday to my Mom! I hope she has a wonderful day and finds time to relax!
1 day ago




Aww, nice to hear these updates. Glad you had some time to squeeze in Valentine's day fun amidst baby shopping and all that. I can't wait to see you soon!
ReplyDeleteLove, Jenika