Jensen Curtis was born Monday, May 24, 2010 at 10:04 pm
He was 8 lbs. 9 oz., 20 inches
He didn't seem to want to come on his own too badly, so Curt and I were up at 5:00 that morning getting ready. We were able to call the hospital at about 5:30 to make sure we were able to still come in. They gave us an arrival time of 6:45am. It took awhile after shift change to get me started. I think it was after 8 by the time they finally came in to start an I.V. (man I hate those things! OUCH!) My nurse for most of the day was great! Her name was Tracy and she took good care of me, until a mother delivering naturally with no drugs needed her full attention. I think her screams helped convince me to get the epidural more than my own pain at the time! Then it seemed like it was the parade of nurses. I hardly could keep track of who was who.
It was a little after 7:00pm that I was at a 10 and ready to push. We had a little tense time about an hour into pushing that the Dr. thought I might have to have a c-section, but luckily for me, after about 2 1/2 hours of pushing (and thinking I couldn't be more exhausted!) the Dr. managed to get the baby out safely, with just a little trauma to his poor head from using the vacuum so much. But he was a healthy baby, and we fell in love with him immediately.
I was so exhausted and shaking for the first 1/2 hour or so that I couldn't hold Jensen at first, so Curt, the proud Daddy got first bonding honors. It was amazing to see how quickly and naturally Curt stepped into the Fatherhood role. He sure loves his little boy!
We finally got settled in the recovery room close to midnight, and I finally got something more than ice chips to eat! I think it was almost 2 before I got a chance to close my eyes! What a long day!! The next day we had lots of visitors from Grandmas & Grandpas and aunts, uncles and cousins!We were able to leave the hospital on Wednesday evening. It was sure nice to be at home in my own bed, but we missed that nursery call button!! Luckily my Mom and Dad were in town and were able to help us out a ton. They kept things clean and meals made, weeds pulled, emotional support, not to mention showering our little one with attention so Mommy could rest a little! It was sad to see them go, little Jensen loves his Grandparents!
(Jensen- 2.5 days old)
We are adjusting well to life at home...a little on the sleep deprived side, but I hear that will get better. He's sleeping pretty well for 2-3 hours at a time already. I love watching him, he is pretty alert and will spend a lot of time just looking around. The past day or two he was started smiling, especially in his sleep, it is so cute to see! I'm still trying to get a good picture of it.
I can't believe it's been a week already! We sure love our little boy!
He was 8 lbs. 9 oz., 20 inches
He didn't seem to want to come on his own too badly, so Curt and I were up at 5:00 that morning getting ready. We were able to call the hospital at about 5:30 to make sure we were able to still come in. They gave us an arrival time of 6:45am. It took awhile after shift change to get me started. I think it was after 8 by the time they finally came in to start an I.V. (man I hate those things! OUCH!) My nurse for most of the day was great! Her name was Tracy and she took good care of me, until a mother delivering naturally with no drugs needed her full attention. I think her screams helped convince me to get the epidural more than my own pain at the time! Then it seemed like it was the parade of nurses. I hardly could keep track of who was who.
It was a little after 7:00pm that I was at a 10 and ready to push. We had a little tense time about an hour into pushing that the Dr. thought I might have to have a c-section, but luckily for me, after about 2 1/2 hours of pushing (and thinking I couldn't be more exhausted!) the Dr. managed to get the baby out safely, with just a little trauma to his poor head from using the vacuum so much. But he was a healthy baby, and we fell in love with him immediately.
I was so exhausted and shaking for the first 1/2 hour or so that I couldn't hold Jensen at first, so Curt, the proud Daddy got first bonding honors. It was amazing to see how quickly and naturally Curt stepped into the Fatherhood role. He sure loves his little boy!We finally got settled in the recovery room close to midnight, and I finally got something more than ice chips to eat! I think it was almost 2 before I got a chance to close my eyes! What a long day!! The next day we had lots of visitors from Grandmas & Grandpas and aunts, uncles and cousins!We were able to leave the hospital on Wednesday evening. It was sure nice to be at home in my own bed, but we missed that nursery call button!! Luckily my Mom and Dad were in town and were able to help us out a ton. They kept things clean and meals made, weeds pulled, emotional support, not to mention showering our little one with attention so Mommy could rest a little! It was sad to see them go, little Jensen loves his Grandparents!
(Jensen- 2.5 days old)We are adjusting well to life at home...a little on the sleep deprived side, but I hear that will get better. He's sleeping pretty well for 2-3 hours at a time already. I love watching him, he is pretty alert and will spend a lot of time just looking around. The past day or two he was started smiling, especially in his sleep, it is so cute to see! I'm still trying to get a good picture of it.
I can't believe it's been a week already! We sure love our little boy!





I love you Jensen! I can't wait to meet you!
ReplyDeleteHe's beautiful! I'm so excited for you Heather. Congratulations.
He is so adorable Heather! Long & skinny. I can't wait to meet him too. Congratulations! I'm sorry that you had to push for 2 1/2 hours.. yikes, exhausted would be an understatment. Glad you didn't have a C-section after all of that. You are amazing.
ReplyDeleteHeather and Curt, I am so happy for both of you. I remember Curt playing with my daughter when she was little, he was born to be a dad. Jensen is so cute that it would be hard not to fall instantly in love with him. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteOh my! He is just too cute!! I hope you're recovering well and getting a little sleep.
ReplyDeleteIt is so amazing how these sweet little babies get here!
ReplyDelete