Long story short, I was supposed to have a nice new camera the day before the shower, which didn't come, so I had to resort to my old standby (being interpreted as "doesn't take good photos in lower light without an annoying flash") camera. So the pictures have much to be desired, and it really did look cuter than it looks in these pictures, but hopefully it gives you a little bit of an idea!
She wanted pink and brown. Christy put me on to the polka dot idea by telling me about the strawberry whoppers. We thought it would be cute to have strawberry (pink) and chocolate (brown) whoppers in a big glass vase as part of the decor. I designed the invitations with polka dots, and the shower was held at my house, so I did all the decorations too...there were a ton more polka dots than it shows in these pictures! Anyway...it was a lot of fun, and Sarah got a lot of really CUTE gifts from all her friends and family!
Here are the pictures...please note I was NOT trying to take pictures of the people, just the decorations. I didn't get a chance after everything was in place to take them of just the decor!!

Polka dots EVERYWHERE...I think Curt thought I was crazy, yet he was nice enough to indulge me and help me hang them up and decorate for the party


Polka dots EVERYWHERE...I think Curt thought I was crazy, yet he was nice enough to indulge me and help me hang them up and decorate for the party
I made pink wrap-around labels for the water with a polka dot and I made fresh strawberry lemonade!
Christy, Suzanne and Bonnie did most of the food. I contributed strawberries and watermelon I had gotten from Bountiful Baskets! :)My Mom die cut all the circles out for me, so I didn't have to sit and cut them out by hand!





No comments:
Post a Comment